DDlg Book Review: Under Mr. Nolan’s Bed by Selena Kitt
Hi Daddies and littles and Pervblrs of the world! I just finished Under Mr. Nolan’s Bed and I think I promised a review. Here goes. :)
About the Book (From the Back Cover):
“Leah and Erica have been best friends and have gone to the same Catholic school since just about forever. Leah spends so much time with the Nolans—just Erica and her handsome father now, since Erica’s mother died—that she’s practically part of the family. When the girls find something naughty under Mr. Nolan’s bed, their strict, repressive upbringing makes it all the more exciting as they begin their sexual experimentation. Leah’s exploration presses deeper, and eventually she finds herself in love for the first time, torn between her best friend and her best friend’s father.”
I really enjoyed this plotline. It was simple, sexy, and had just enough taboo to make me happy and horny without crossing too many lines or making giant, unbelievable leaps in logic (there were a few, but they weren’t terrible). There were also some fun/silly elements thrown in (naughty Catholic humor) that made me giggle and grin and feel extra naughty.
Of course I immediately told on myself. ;)
What I liked…
- It’s sexy! - Every chapter has it’s sexy moments, so every time I picked it up, I read a new scene. It was ideal reading for when I was curling up in bed, but not quite tired enough to go to sleep. After reading I almost always had a quick rub before *really* sleeping. ;) *blush*
- It’s funny - Catholic humor FTW
- Selena’s Style - I like that Selena Kitt’s descriptions of sex and body parts weren’t overly poetic and/or flowerly. She simply got right to the point and left nothing ponder or guess over.
What I didn’t like….
- Wrong Version? - I couldn’t buy the original “incesty” version for my Kindle (boo) so I had to read the Revised edition. I don’t think much of the story was changed, however. I assume in the original version Erica’s Step Father is her biological Father. Oh well. It wasn’t hard for me to make the leap.
- The Lovey Stuff - Don’t get me wrong, I’m a fan of love. I love love and personally find sex much more enjoyable when it is with someone I love. That said, the “love” in this book seems a bit contrived and shallow. It’s lust mistaken for love and annoyed me more than anything.
- Not Enough Sexy Variety and D/s - I’m a masochist, submissive at heart. I was hoping the Daddy character would get a bit more Dominant and Sadistic with the girls. I like my Daddies with a sinister, knowing smirk and a good measure of control. I would’ve loved him more if he said “No” or controlled the girl’s insatiable appetites.
The Important Part - Who Shouldn’t Read This
This book contains erotic situations between young girls (18 years old) and an much older man. It’s NOT for kids. It also features lesbian sex, sex toys, some very naughty taboos (including incest and scenes involving the confessionals and naughty, naughty priests). Don’t read this if any of those subjects may offend you or may cause your Daddy to spank you lots and lots…. ;)
Overall I enjoyed Mr. Nolan’s bed. I’d happily try another of Selena Kitt’s books again (maybe one with more D/s?).
Next I’m reading This Ain’t Lolita by Jessica Jones and The Bloody Chamber: And Other Stories by Angela Carter (reading this one with Daddy *swoon*).
Have a DDlg book you’d like me to review? Leave it in the comments or send me an ask?